Monday 18 August 2014

Rene Meulensteen Hits Out At Former Manchester United Boss David Moyes Over His Departure

Unimpressed: Meulensteen insists Moyes hasn't told the truth about his departure
The Dutchman has slammed ex-boss Moyes for misleading United fans and admits he was asked to stay last summer - but with very little responsibility

Former Manchester United first-team coach Rene Meulensteen has accused David Moyes of misleading United fans over his departure from the club.

In an exclusive interview on talkSPORT, Meulensteen told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast: “He [Moyes] says he asked me to stay but he didn’t say what he then said after that.

"He said, ‘well, I would like you to stay, I know how important you have been for the club and what you have done for the club, but I am going to do it all myself’. So it was then, ‘OK, what is the reason for me to stay’?

"That has not been documented and that is why you get all these wrong, mixed messages about why I didn’t
stay.

“We had two massive meetings. Yes, there was an element he would like me to stay but, on the other hand, he said, ‘everything you did, I am going to do myself’.

"So, after being there for five years with Alex Ferguson, being an integral part in training, planning, executing and the whole lot, suddenly you have been sidelined.”

The Dutchman also spoke about how he felt the current squad is not strong enough to mount a serious title challenge.

He added: "This is not going to be a quick fix. They have still got two weeks to go in this transfer window.

They definitely need to maximise the opportunities in this window and probably in January as well.

"We need to strengthen at the back, we need to strengthen in midfield and that is foremost the two areas they need to look at. In my opinion, they need to bring in at least four top players to really crank up the level."

No comments:

Post a Comment